Sunday, October 4, 2009

PORK TENDERLOIN WITH CARAMELIZED APPLES

Last week was a chaotic week! My commissary and my store in Greenhills got flooded. We had to move our stocks from one store to another and it was really a nightmare! I'm really hoping that the weather will be better this coming week. Typhoon Ondoy affected so many lives, homes and businesses. Let's all share in the responsibility of helping those in need. And to those who have lost their loved ones, may God bring you comfort and strength to get through this.


Moving on...yesterday, Sabrina and I wanted to eat out but decided to go to Santis instead to get some ingredients for our mom and daughter lunch. She wanted the bow tie pasta with alfredo sauce that I always make for her and I wanted to make this pork tenderloin with caramelized apples. Unfortunately, they didn't have apples in the deli and I didn't want to go all the way to the grocery so I just decided to buy a salmon fillet to make seared salmon with lemon pepper and tarragon cream sauce. So tomorrow, this is what I'll be making. I already got my apples today and my pork tenderloin is already marinating in the fridge. I'm so looking forward to it!




Ingredients:


1 piece pork tenderloin

1 cup milk

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper


CARAMELIZED APPLES

1 piece apples, sliced into 8 wedges

2 tablespoons butter

1/2 cup apple juice

2 tablespoons sugar

1/8 teaspoon thyme

1/8 teaspoon black pepper

salt and pepper, to taste

thick balsamic vinegar, garnish


Directions:


1. Place pork tenderloin and milk in a dish. Allow to marinate for at least 15 minutes or overnight.


2. Make the caramelized apples. Melt butter in a sautepan. Add the apples and allow to cook over high heat.


3. Add the apple juice, sugar and thyme. Let it simmer until apples are tender and translucent, about 15 minutes.


4. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and set aside.


5. In a separate saute pan, heat pan on high.


6. Remove pork from the marinade. Season pork tenderloin with salt and pepper.


6. Sear pork until all sides are carmamelized and cooked through. Slice pork into thin slices.


7. To serve, place caramelized apples on the center of a serving plate. Place sliced pork around the plate.


8. Drizzle plate with thick balsamic vinegar (crema di balsamico) before serving.



1 comment:

nikcreate said...

hey chef! I'm so happy to have stumbled upon your blog. I love watching your show specially true confections. I like watching my secret recipes too however I often missed it due to the very difficult to remember airing schedule of the show hehehehe...

More power and please keep up the good work :D