Monday, September 21, 2009

ILOILO DAY 2

Here's the second batch of pictures from our Iloilo trip. Been so busy over the week I didn't have time to post this one sooner.

This was taken during the christening of baby Vivienne. Lunch was at Days Inn Hotel. I didn't get to take pictures of the food because I was busy eating :-)
I had to take a picture of the cake though. I have to say, it looked really nice. It was made by a local baker and it came with these cute sugar cookies that looked like baby shoes. The kids loved it!
After lunch, we decided to go around town to buy some local pastries. We stopped by Biscocho house. This was where we bought most of our pasalubong for our friends and family. We also went to another place where we bought the squid rings and also the yummy barquillos.

Next stop was SM Mall. We wanted to check the stores that were there. We went window shopping. We were looking for a place to have coffee in the mall but it was too crowded and noisy so we decided to head out.

We were still full from lunch but decided to go to Ted's for the Lapaz Batchoy. I just had the special. The others had the extra special, where slices of liver were added to the soup. I have to say, there's nothing quite like it. It's probably the best batchoy I ever tasted! I enjoyed the soup so much I had to order an extra bowl of soup. I didn't really finish the noodles and the meat but the soup was really flavorful! According to Cathy, the secret of that soup is the addition of a little bagoong...which somehow doesn't make sense to me but hey if it works then why not.


Dinner was at Bauhinia. It's a Filipino restaurant. They serve Filipino food with a twist like Crispy pata with kare kare sauce and bagoong, then they have these shells cooked in red horse and sliced green mangoes,

We also tried the soup with mussels and lemon grass, then we had the Grilled stuffed squid,

We also had these two fish dishes that were also good but I forgot their names already....sorry about that.

Then the last one that came was lechon kawali. As usual, after trying all the dishes for dinner, we didn't have room for dessert anymore but they still ordered a chocnut cheesecake for us to try and some suman with latik in shot glasses. I really liked the way they did the menu and I think that this restaurant can definitely compete with the restaurants here in Manila.

I wish we had more time and space in our stomachs to be able to try more stuff . I guess we just need to go back there again soon for more food discoveries.

No comments: