Today, I made prawns thermidor. It's a dish that I haven't made in a while but I was glad that I made it.
I'm posting the recipe just in case you want to try making it as well.
Recipe By: AAA
- 4 pieces black tiger prawns, large, butterflied
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1/4 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons liquid cream
- nutmeg, pinch
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, freshly grated
1. In a medium saute pan, melt butter. Saute onions until translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms. Then add parsley.
3. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat then set aside.
4. Meanwhile, make the sauce: Melt butter in a small saucepan, add the flour.
5. Gradually add the milk and the cream. Stir occasionally until slightly thickened. Season with nutmeg, salt and pepper.
6. To assemble: Lay out prawns in a baking dish.
7. Scoop a spoonful of the mushroom mixture over the butterflied prawns.
8. Scoop a spoonful of the sauce to cover the filling, sprinkle about a Tbsp of breadcrumbs and about 1 teaspoon of cheese.
9. Bake in a 350 F preheated oven for about 8-9 minutes or until prawn shells turn red-orange and meat is cooked but still moist.
I also took photos of how to prepare it step by step. Ill post the photos on another entry. I'm having a hard time trying to post the photos chronologically... .. Do send me a message if you have questions.