Here's a recipe that I did for the show which I think is a sure winner! Serve this with seasoned vinegar or tartar sauce. A cold beer completes this English dish.
Happy Weekend to everyone!!!
150 grams fish fillet, cobbler fillet
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups cold beer
100 grams french fries
1. Slice fish if desired to make them smaller, but whole fish is ok too. Season fish with salt and pepper.
2. Combine all-purpose flour, cornstarch, cayenne pepper, paprika, pepper, salt, and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir to combine. Reserve 1/4 cup for dusting.
3. Add the cold beer gradually and mix using a wire whisk to avoid lumps. do not over beat. Mix just until combined. Add more beer if batter is still too thick.
3. Heat oil to 375 F. When oil is ready, dunk the fish fillet on the beer batter and deep fry the fish until golden brown.
4. Place on paper towels to drain the oil. Set aside.
5. Meanwhile, deep fry french fries. Drain.
6. To serve, place the fish fillet and french fries on a serving plate. Serve with vinegar and tartar sauce.