Saturday, October 17, 2009

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS FOR BREAKFAST

Oh what a nice and relaxing Sunday! I woke up today and craved for blueberry muffins so in my pajamas, I went down to the kitchen and prepared my ingredients for my muffins. I'm lucky because I always keep a bag of frozen blueberries in my freezer. The batter is fairly easy to make, just make sure that the proportions are correct and DO NOT OVER BEAT, mix it just until it's combined.

As soon as the muffins came out from the oven, I allowed them to cool slightly while I got my Vietnamese moka coffee ready. Mmmmm.... the muffins were very moist with a crunchy top and a blueberry in every bite. So, there's my perfect Sunday morning!!!

Tomorrow, on my special day, I already know what I want for breakfast...Eggs Benedict!!! I have a place in mind where to have it but if there's anyone there though who can give a suggestion where to have it too, let me know... I can probably give it a try :-)

BLUEBERRY MUFFINS


Ingredients:


2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour

2/3 cup sugar

1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup oil

1 1/3 cups buttermilk

1 piece egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

2 cups frozen blueberries


STREUSEL

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/2 cup butter

1/2 cup light brown sugar


Directions:


1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line muffin tins with paper cups


2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.


3. In another bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, egg, and vanilla. Pour over the flour mixture. Mix just until combined.


4. Add the frozen blueberries.


5. Using a 2 oz. ice cream scooper, scoop the batter over the muffin cups.


6. Make the streusel. Combine the flour, butter and light brown sugar and mix until it resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle top of scooped batter with about 1 tablespoon streusel.


7. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until top is golden. Allow to cool for 15 minutes before serving.



1 comment:

VerĂ£o said...

Finally! I have no excuses not to make my muffins! I'll make as soon as I get back to Sing!