2 whole crabs
50 grams onion, julienne
1 piece chili , julienne
1 tablespoon shallot, minced
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/4 cup tamarind paste
1 cup hot water
1. Soak tamarind in a half bowl of hot water for 5 minutes. Drain and reserve juice.
2. To make the sauce: Saute the shallots and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add the onions. Add the tamarind juice in the pan. Season with sugar, chicken powder to get the sweet and sour taste.
4. In a saute pan, add the garlic and chili in oil until fragrant.
5. Add the crab and keep stirring until it turns pink.
6. Add the sauce into the crab and allow to simmer for 5 minutes more. add the onion. Add the tamarind sauce into the pan, season it with sugar, chicken powder allow to simmer. Add coriander right before serving