Thursday, January 19, 2012

CRUISE 2011 DAY 3 - LAGKAWI

 Day 3, we dock at Langkawi. We woke up early so we could get out of the ship early.
 As soon as we got out, we hired a van to take us to the dock where we can take a boat ride to see the mangroves.
 Here's the port where we stopped to ride the boats.
 The weather was nice...cool, breezy and sunny.
 This is me...with my hat, shades and vest.
 We saw some monkeys waiting for us to throw them some food.
 Here we are, about to enter the crocodile cave. 


 Here's a floating restaurant along the banks.
 This is Sabrina in the bat cave. It was cold, creepy and stinky but we still went in.


 Here we are, posing outside the cave.
 After the bat cave, we headed to a floating restaurant that served Thai food. Don't ask me why I'm eating Thai food while in Malaysia. 
 While waiting for the food, the kids walked around to look at the fish that they had in the pond.
 On our way back to the ship, we stopped by a chocolate store where we bought some chocolates, hot cocoa mix and coffee.
 Then, time for dinner. It was an Italian night so I had the antipasto platter for my appetizer.
 Then I had my lamb shank.  It was very good...flavorful and tender.

 Here's Sabrina with her favorite head waiter... Sashko.
For dessert, molten chocolate cake. After dinner, I was too tired to watch the show so I let Sabrina watch the magic show along with her cousins and I just stayed in the room to rest. It will be another early day tomorrow.  Next stop is Phuket.

No comments: