Sunday, February 27, 2011

RUM RAISIN LOAF



This is what I'm baking today. I'm actually waiting for it to come out of the oven and I'll be ready for merienda.

I had a batch of raisins that I soaked in rum last month. I did this recipe for my MMS Service a couple of months ago and I'm missing it. I'm pairing it with my English Breakfast tea by Dilmah with some milk and sugar.

Since I've been snacking every single day, I try to eat smaller meals for lunch and dinner. Then I run and go to the gym at least 4-5 times a week just to make sure I get to burn all the sweet stuff I'm taking in.

Anyway, here's the recipe....Enjoy!

RUM RAISIN LOAF

Ingredients:

2 cups raisins
2/3 cup rum
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
4 pieces eggs
1 tablespoon rum flavored extract
2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:

1. Soak raisins in rum for about an hour or overnight is better.

2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour 2 7x4 inch loaf pans 1 10 inch bundt pan

3. Using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.

4. Add eggs one at a time, then add the rum extract.

5. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.

6. Reduce speed of mixer to low. Gradually add 1/3 of flour mixture to the batter. Alternately add the half of the sour cream. Repeat process ending with flour mixture. Mix batter well.

7. Add the rum soaked raisins ( do not drain). Fold into the batter.

8. Transfer to baking pans. Bake for 30-35 mins for loaves and 55-60 minutes for bundt.


No comments: