Wednesday, August 19, 2009

BEEF TACOS WITH CREAMY GARLIC SAUCE


Here's something I made yesterday and I think I will make it again this weekend. It's going to be a long weekend and if I'm lucky, I just might hit the beach...and if I'm really going, I'm going to have this in my picnic basket. Now all I need is a margarita!


Ingredients:


CARNE ASADA

2 tablespoons olive oil

2 tablespoons onion, minced

1 clove garlic, minced

150 grams ground beef

1 teaspoon ground cumin

1/2 teaspoon chili powder

1/2 teaspoon paprika

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper



CREAMY GARLIC DRESSING

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup milk

2 tablespoons vinegar

1 teaspoon garlic, minced

2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped

1/8 teaspoon salt

1/8 teaspoon pepper


ASSEMBLY

4 pieces taco shells

carne asada, cooked

1/2 cup lettuce, shredded

1/2 cup tomato salsa, serve remaining on the side

1/2 tablespoons creamy garlic dressing, serve remaining on the side.

1/4 cup quickmelt cheese, shredded


Directions:

1. Make the creamy garlic dressing. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Stir to mix well. Set aside until ready to use.


2. In a saute pan, heat about 2 T. olive oil, saute the onion until translucent.


3. Add the garlic, then the then add the ground beef. Cook on medium heat until completely cooked. Add the seasonings - cumin, chili powder and paprika


4. Season with salt and pepper as needed.


5. To assemble, place the ground beef on the bottom of the taco shell.


6. Top with lettuce and tomatoes salsa. Drizzle with the creamy garlic dressing.


7. Top with shredded cheese.


8. Serve with creamy garlic dressing and tomato salsa on the side.


No comments: