Here's a dish I made for dinner tonight. Of course if I had red chili peppers, I would've added some to make it spicy. As is though, it works just fine...
FRIED FISH WITH GARLIC AND BASIL
Recipe By: AAA
- 1 piece fish fillet, sliced into 2 inch squares
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- oil, for deep frying
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 7 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
1. Season fish with salt. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan to 375 F.
3. When oil is ready, dust fish fillet with the corn starch and fry until golden. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
4. Make the sauce: Heat oil in a saute pan. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
5. In a separate bowl, combine oyster sauce, soy sauce, water, fish sauce and sugar. Stir well. Pour over the sauce pan. Bring to a gentle simmer until slightly syrupy.
6. Add the basil leaves. Toss the fish in the sauce and mix until well coated.
7. Place on a serving plate. Add additional basil leaves for garnish.