Sunday, July 11, 2010

DINNER AT TAO YUAN

Last week, I went to Manila for dinner to have Laksa. We decided to go to Tao Yuan. It was my first time there. I actually heard a lot of good things about it but never got the opportunity to visit until last week.
The menu reminded me of the food that my friend Daniel serves in his restaurant in Singapore. I was craving for seafood so I had to try the Chili crab. Here are the other items that we ordered...

The fried buns or man tau, meant to be eaten with the sauce of the Chili crab...really my favorite.
Char kway teow, cooked pretty well but I didn't get to eat much of it. I was too much into the crabs!
Cereal prawns,

Seafood laksa, it was ok, i wanted it to be more spicy and I found it to have too much coconut milk but it wasn't bad.
Hainanese Chicken and Rice, good! specially with the rice. I just wish they had the thick sweet soy sauce to go with it.
here's the sauce for the Hainanese chicken,
Sweet and sour pork, the kids loved this one. It got wiped out before I could try it.
Fried green beans with pork and tofu, this is what I order when it's available in the menu. I always ordered this when I was in Shanghai.
Sambal Kangkong, Spicy but good.
Seafood hofun, this was good too but I think my friend Daniel can make it better.

And Chinese beefsteak with special sauce, this one was so tender! Oh and by the way, dessert was for free. They served black gulaman. We also tried the mango sago and it was good too.

If I lived in Manila, I'd probably eat here every week. I hope they'll open a branch somewhere in Makati area or Ortigas so It's not that far. The next time I go back, I'll order their pepper crab.

Here's the address of Tao Yuan 508-512 Gen. Malvar St. Cor Mabini Malate Manila. It right across the side of Pan Pacific Hotel. Here's the phone number +632 522 7009. Reservations required.

No comments: