Monday, January 12, 2009

HO CHI MINH CITY DAY 1


My family and I went to Ho Chi Minh City for the Holidays. We figured, it was a place that most of us have not yet been to and the long holiday was a perfect time to explore and get to know the place.  I know Vietnam through their popular spring rolls, lemongrass barbecue pork, shrimp in sugarcane and the beef noodle - pho. 

My first dinner in Vietnam was not so good though.  We ate at a tourist place that served French and Vietnamese cuisine.  We ordered a set menu that had soft shell crabs as an appetizer and it turned out to be raw in the middle.  That really made me lose my appetite that night. What saved the night was the spring rolls. I don't think you can ever go wrong with that.

The two things that I found interesting that night... Beer and Kropek.  I'm not a beer drinker but I always enjoy seeing another brand.  The kropek was a good tummy filler specially when you're waiting for your food to arrive.

More stories about Vietnam on my next post...

No comments: